Wednesday, April 3, 2013

2013 Topps Yu Darvish

Here I am, not even a month nito the blog and I'm breaking my own rules. Yu Darvish was not a league leader in 2012 according to the back of his Topps rookie card. Without doing any research I would find it hard to belive that he didn't at least lead rookies in one or more categories. With the gem of a game he pitched last night, I thought he deserved some recognition anyway.

Plus, he is currently the American League leader for Innings Pitched with 8.2 and is tied for Wins (1) and Games Started (1). Good enough for me!


I was over at a friend's house Tuesday night and he was showing off his MLBTV package. I must admit it is pretty cool, although not in my budget this season. There weren't too many games on at the time so when we stopped on the Astros-Rangers game, we stayed for quite a while. I don't know much about the superstitions of perfect games, but I took notice after about the 4th inning. Once the Astros started batting around again, I realized nobody had reached base yet.

I don't mean to plug MLBTV again but one of the cool features is that you can switch back and forth between the home and away broadcasts, which we did. This would have been the most I had seen of any perfect game/no-hitter live. Sometimes, I'll catch wind of one and tune in during the 8th or 9th inning if I can find a broadcast but usually I just get to see highlights. But with this one, we started watching around the 2nd inning.

Has anybody enjoyed a perfect game/no-hitter in person or managed to catch a complete one on TV. I hope to some day!


No comments:

Post a Comment